Sunday, December 07, 2008

You Gotta Give 'em Hope...

I just got home from watching the movie "MILK", Gus Van Sant's bioepic of the life of murdered San Francisco City Supervisor Harvey Milk. I had the good fortune to watch the film at the Castro Theater here in San Francisco.



The theater was completely sold out. I actually got to sit in the balcony of the theater for the first time. The Castro is of those fantastic "movie palaces" from a bygone era. Thankfully it has not carved itself up to make several smaller screens. The full theater remains today complete with its Wurlitzer Organ which plays prior to every movie.



I already was very familiar with this particular movie because I am actaully IN the movie, in the huge crowd scenes in front of San Francisco City Hall. (No you cant see me, but I'm there.) Its true that many people outside of California probably have no idea who Harvey Milk was, what he did and why he was killed for it. Hopefully this movie will change that.

Do yourself and me a favor, and go see it please.

Thanks

No comments: